The Kovacek & Zetter gallery, a stone’s throw from St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom) in central Vienna, was founded by Claudia Kovacek-Longin and Sophie Zetter-Schwaiger in 1999. The gallery is now one of the biggest in Vienna, presenting its offerings over 300 m² on three floors.
One of the highlights is Austrian painting of the 19th and 20th century. A wide range of styles from Biedermeier painting to Austrian modern impressionism (Stimmungsimpressionismus), to classical modernism is represented by a selection of major works by Egon Schiele, Carl Moll, Olga Wisinger-Florian, Alfons Walde and others.
Post-1945 classical art is another of the gallery’s focal points, including works by Wolfgang Hollegha, Kiki Kogelnik, Maria Lassnig, Josef Mikl, Markus Prachensky and Max Weiler. Contemporary art is also well-represented by painters Beni Altmüller, anselm glück and Ingrid Brandstetter, as well as sculptors Rosemarie Benedikt, Massimo Lunardon and Barbara Szüts. The gallery hosts four to six exhibitions annually, each accompanied by scholarly catalogues.